1. Heat the sugar and water in a pan on medium-high heat until it caramelized and turns a dark brown.
2. Add the water and heat until the caramel dissolves.
3. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a pan.
5. Add the shallot, garlic, ginger and chili and saute for 3-5 minutes.
6. Add the shrimp, 2 tablespoons of the caramel sauce, fish sauce and pepper and simmer until the shrimp is pink all over, about 2-4 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and stir in the sesame oil and cilantro.
source from: closetcooking